Olson Engineering, a full-service, multi-discipline engineering company providing services to the petrochemical market, is seeking experienced, motivated, and highly technical Electrical/Instrument Designer. Designer should have at minimum 2 to 5 years of experience. Candidates should have a working knowledge of electrical/instrumentation design related to the petrochemical industry and be familiar with design software such as AutoCAD, proficient in Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
Responsibilities and Duties
Designers are expected to:
- Perform in a team environment under supervision.
- Frequently take field visits to plant or refinery-type facilities.
- Provide for/Coordinate all Electrical/Instrument project specific design needs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of design and drafting techniques, ability to read and comprehend P&ID’s, wiring diagrams, and other associated drawings.
- Possess ability to work with engineers and senior designers to develop detailed engineering drawing packages, which would include installation details, motor control elementary schematics, electrical one lines, wiring diagrams, cable schedules, lighting and grounding plans, instrumentation plans, and Scope of Work.
- Knowledge of industrial control systems is a plus, DCS, PLC, & SIS; Ex. DeltaV & Triconex.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree or equivalent technical training in drafting / design and/or Instrumentation/Electrical preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of 2D design practices, systems and procedures, 3D design is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are a must.