Olson Engineering, a full-service, multi-discipline engineering company providing services to the petrochemical market, is seeking an experienced and motivated, Maintenance Planner to join our team. Responsible for the execution of all Mechanical Maintenance work order processes. He / She is responsible for the efficient and effective use of planning all resources to conduct Mechanical activities which results in minimum downtime and maximum productivity. To fulfill these responsibilities in the most effective manner, the Planner is empowered to develop job plans, define parts and material, define crafts and skills, and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective work control plan.
Responsibilities and Duties
Planners are expected to:
- Responsible for the initial screening of incoming work orders, identification of scope and analysis of required level of planning
- Conducts field walk downs to identify and document job requirements.
- Identifies specific safety hazards that will be encountered in the performance of the proposed work.
- Estimates the required hours, total duration and skills required to perform the task.
- Determines and includes QA/QC requirements for jobs.
- Determines and arranges for parts, equipment and specialty tools required to perform the work.
- Gathers necessary Engineering or Technical documents, specifications, and drawings.
- Accurately measures the maintenance backlog in its various form sand continually always maintains not less than 2 weeks’ worth of ready backlog.
- Ensures all work orders and maintenance log items are closed when work is completed.
- Always present a professional image to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Assists other Departments as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Education, Experience, and/or Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Degree in related field required, or 5 years or more of related experience and/or training can be substituted.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the skilled trade.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with CMMS (CURE) is preferred by not required.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude.
- Have adequate craft knowledge and skill to accurately estimate labor hours, material requirement and skills needed to complete a job.
- Knowledge and understands the maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling and storeroom processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel required.
- Experience with SAP required.