Olson Engineering, a full-service, multi-discipline engineering company providing services to the petrochemical market, is seeking experienced, motivated and highly technical Process Engineers to join our team. Engineers should have a working knowledge related to the petrochemical industry with a minimum of 5 years of experience with capital projects (from FEL through Detailed Engineering). Experience with Microsoft Office and Aspen Engineering Suite platforms such as AspenHYSYS, AspenPlus, and/or Aspen Flare System Analyzer (Flarenet) is a must. Field experience, knowledge of 3D modeling and /or PHA-HAZOP participation are a plus. Other capabilities and expectations are outlined below.
Process Engineers will perform calculations/ simulations and coordinate with other project team members to develop project deliverables. Process Engineers will also research, plan, coordinate, and propose optimum solutions to the project objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- PFD/P&ID development
- Equipment/Instruction specifications
- PSV sizing/mitigation
- Knowledge of industry standards (e.g., API, ASME, etc.)
Engineers are expected to:
- Perform in a team environment.
- Be receptive to instruction and mentoring from lead engineers.
- Conduct visits to client facilities.
- Learn company and client policies, and apply them to their daily tasks.
- Display eagerness to learn.
- Possess typical technical duties relative to the respective engineering discipline.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering from any four-year accredited university is required.
- Applicants should be familiar with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures used in Engineering.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are a must.