Olson Engineering, a full-service, multi-discipline engineering company providing services to the petrochemical market, is seeking experienced, motivated, and highly technical Project Planner and Scheduler to join our team. Candidates should have at minimum 5-10 years of experience in planning projects. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. In addition, the successful candidate will have extensive hands-on knowledge of SAP and MS-Project (Primavera P6 not required) and experience managing multiple schedules. This experience should span a range of projects with differing sizes and complexities.
Planner/Scheduler (P/S) will be accountable for planning a portfolio of projects, supporting various assets. This position provides support mainly to the project management team (PMT), the project controls lead and the project services manager. Main deliverables include schedule development, progress, forecasting and reporting in accordance with the project controls plans and procedures. The scheduler will apply their expert knowledge in the planning of all phases of complex industrial projects from conception to completion. They will ensure the integrity of schedules, forecasts and resources and implement periodic updates in accordance with project controls principles utilized within the Capital Projects organization.
- Develop/Maintain schedules with adequate details and multiple levels to effectively control projects and report on progress to CMT.
- Build the activities logic sequencing and resource loading in P6 and continuously update them in an accurate and timely manner (weekly/Monthly).
- Develop project integrated schedules by linking and merging the activities with multiple schedules from all contractors and vendors.
- Maintain internal and external links of all schedules and properly integrate with other functions.
- Properly codes schedule activities to feed into different schedules and reports.
- Collaborate with the Company/Contractors to establish baselines, progress charts and histograms for safe successful execution.
- Ability to communicate changes to various stakeholders and recommend mitigations as needed.
- Track and analyze Contractors’ schedules, notify project managers of unapproved deviations/delays impacting projects completion.
- Attend contractors’ meetings, discuss concerns and overall project(s) strategies and expectations.
- Review weekly/monthly resource lookaheads with the project team, modify plans as needed to reflect changes as discussed.
- Support site project control reports, KPIs, dashboards and ad-hoc reporting on a weekly basis.
- Assist in the development of procedures and guidelines to continually improve the scheduling processes.
- Effective communication with the multiple projects’ stakeholders including, but not limited to, Plant Operations & Maintenance, Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Contracts Administration, and Procurement; in addition to other entities such as contractors, suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Work closely with the Project Services team to develop integrated progress, schedule, and cost reports.
- Other duties as required and directed by the Project Controls Leads and/or the Project Services Manager.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in planning and scheduling of capital projects in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum 3 years construction field experience.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite, SAP, and MS-Project.
- Understanding of the Earned Value principles and how they apply to progress and forecasting of schedule activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy and high sense of responsibility.
- Preferably have technical training, degree, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong technical, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines.