Olson Engineering—a full-service, multi-discipline engineering company providing services to the petrochemical market, is seeking experienced, motivated, and highly technical Senior Electrical/Instrument Designers. Designer should have at minimum 6 years of experience. Candidates should have a depth of working knowledge of electrical/instrumentation design related to the petrochemical industry and be proficient with design software such as AutoCAD, proficient in Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
Responsibilities and Duties
Senior Designers are expected to:
- Perform in a team environment under minimal supervision.
- Frequently take field visits to plant or refinery-type facilities.
- Provide for/Coordinate all Electrical/Instrument project specific design needs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of design and drafting techniques, ability to read and comprehend P&ID’s, wiring diagrams, and other associated drawings.
- Possess ability to work with engineers and junior designers to develop detailed engineering drawing packages, which would include installation details, motor control elementary schematics, electrical one lines, wiring diagrams, cable schedules, lighting and grounding plans, instrumentation plans, and Scope of Work.
- Knowledge of industrial control systems is a plus, DCS, PLC, & SIS; Ex. DeltaV & Triconex.
- Lead and coordinate technical aspects of design package effort; with ability to communicate technical ideas and act as mentor to more junior designers.
- Coordinate time spent as design lead on multiple projects and communicate deliverables and impacts to other project stakeholders.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree or equivalent technical training in drafting / design and/or Instrumentation/Electrical preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of 2D design practices, systems and procedures, 3D design is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Previous participation in quality design development in various phases of project design.