Olson Engineering, a full-service, multi-discipline engineering company providing services to the petrochemical market, is seeking experienced, motivated, and highly technical Senior I&E Engineer with 5 years or more experience to join our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
Engineers are expected to:
- Serve as a member of cross-functional team to resolve equipment problems, investigate incidents, and improve reliability.
- Provide competent coverage for issues concerning site control systems and electrical systems including Distributed Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controls and Supervisory Control, Data Acquisition Systems, electrical substations, UPSs, and the electrical distribution system.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Works with Project Engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations. The Reliability Engineer is responsible for adhering to the Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM) process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans. Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical suppliers and maintenance service providers. Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
- Participates in the final check out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
- Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Provides input to a Risk Management Plan that will anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
- Produce and review preventative maintenance procedures for I&E site equipment.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
- Develop and maintain reliability improvement/tracking programs for critical assets for mechanical equipment.
- Assist in root cause failure analysis on critical equipment failures.
- Perform component failure analysis as required.
- Review project design packages for proper design regarding reliability, application, and maintenance.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the preventative maintenance program. Provide various reports as needed.
- Assists other Departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
Education, Experience, and/or Training
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical, Electronic, Control or Automation Engineering required.
- Five years or more experience preferred.
- Ability to use computers and computer systems utilizing standard software (ie; Microsoft Suite, AutoCad) is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Capital projects and expenditures experience.
- Commissioning experience is a plus.
- Experience in SAP or similar maintenance program a plus.
- Experience with PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers).
- Graphics programming experience (HMI).
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.