Olson Engineering, a full-service, multi-discipline engineering company providing services to the petrochemical market with offices in Bridge City and Mont Belvieu, is seeking experienced, motivated, and highly technical Smartplant Instrumentation Designer to join our team.
Designer should have at minimum 3 years of experience.
Candidates should have a working knowledge of electrical/instrumentation design related to the petrochemical industry and be familiar with design software such as AutoCAD and CADworx as well as Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
Responsibilities and Duties
Designers are expected to:
- Perform in a team environment under supervision.
- Possess ability to work with engineers and senior designers to develop detailed engineering drawing package.
- Understanding of wiring and report generation, as well as practical experience with SPI claiming equipment to projects & creating equipment within projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Capacity to work within design programs, MS office, and pdf documents to create and edit project packages and deliverables.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates degree or equivalent technical training in drafting / design preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of 3D and SPI design practices, systems, and procedures.