Olson Engineering, a full-service, multi-discipline engineering company providing services to the petrochemical market, is seeking an experienced and motivated, Warehouse Supervisor to join our team. Responsible for overseeing day-to-day shipping and receiving operations at the warehouse. This includes ensuring that planning and implementation activities related to stock levels, inventory accuracy, procurement, and control functions are processed correctly, and that the internal operations of the warehouse are managed effectively.
Responsibilities and Duties
Warehouse Supervisors are expected to:
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Maintains the physical condition of the warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
- Manage and develop warehouse staff, monitor, and assist in any oversight.
- Manage Scope, Schedule, budget of Warehouse KPI’s
- Warehouse Inventory Organization
- Always present a professional image to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Assists other Departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Education, Experience, and/or Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Years of experience supporting Warehouse operations with a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance/Accounting, Purchasing, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or other related field.
- OR, 10 Years of experience in a Warehouse environment and 5+ years holding a management position.
- Certified Forklift Operator preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel required.
- Experience with SAP a plus.