Olson Engineering, a full-service, multi-discipline engineering company providing services to the petrochemical market, is seeking experienced, motivated, and highly technical Electrical Engineer to join our team. A minimum of 10 years of experience is required. Candidates who wish to apply for this electrical engineering position should possess knowledge of the following and should be able to apply this knowledge as needed: Article 500, Hazardous (Classified) Locations in the current version of the National Electrical Code (NEC), the current version of the National Electrical Code (NEC 70 & 70e), and other relevant codes and standards such as the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and industry engineering design and CAD drafting standards.
Engineer should be able to specify medium voltage switchgear, feeders, breakers, transformers, and overcurrent protection for power applications, route conduit and cable tray and calculate tray fill, and perform voltage drop calculations, load studies, coordination studies, etc.
In addition, the Engineer may provide checking services when required, participate in squad checks to ensure coordination between the design disciplines, and proactively lead and coordinate the efforts of a design staff to achieve scope, schedule, and budget objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties
In addition to items specified in the overview above, Engineer will:
- Perform in a team environment.
- Frequently take field visits to plant or refinery-type facilities.
- Learn company and client policies and apply them to their daily tasks.
- Possess typical technical duties relative to the respective engineering discipline.
- Be self-motivated and capable of solving complex problems with minimal assistance.
- Perform assignments within budget and meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Have a strong working knowledge and practical application of typical power system configurations and operation.
- BS in Electrical Engineering is required, MS preferred.
- PE preferred.
- 10+ years of experience is required.
- 6+ years of oil & gas and/or chemical plant EPC experience is required.
- 2+ years of experience as a lead engineer is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Working knowledge of ETAP and Power Tools (SKM) software.
- Experience in overall project execution, including engineering, procurement, shipping, installation, start-up, and project management.
- Working experience in selection, specification, and design of major electrical equipment.
- Experience in vendor selection, including technical evaluations.
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)