Olson Engineering, a full-service, multi-discipline engineering company providing services to the petrochemical market, is seeking experienced, motivated, and highly technical Mechanical Engineer to join our team. Engineers should have at minimum of 2 years of experience. Candidates should have a working knowledge of static and rotating equipment related to the petrochemical industry. Being familiar with engineering software such as Compress and/or PVElite is a plus. Engineer must be familiar with Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
Engineers will prepare calculations, data sheets, requisition packages and scopes of work on assigned projects. Engineers will research, plan, coordinate, and propose original engineering solutions while working with vendors to provide appropriate equipment to our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
Engineers are expected to:
- Perform in a team environment.
- Be receptive to instruction and mentoring lead engineers.
- Frequently take field visits to plant or refinery-type facilities.
- Learn company and client policies and apply them to their daily tasks.
- Display eagerness to learn.
- Possess typical technical duties relative to the respective engineering discipline.
- A mechanical engineering degree from any four-year accredited university is required.
- Applicants should be familiar with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures used in Engineering.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are a must.