Olson Engineering, a full-service, multi-discipline engineering company providing services to the petrochemical market, is seeking an experienced, motivated, and highly technical Project Manager to join our team. Candidates should have at minimum 5-10 years of experience in managing projects. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Responsibilities and Duties
Project Managers are expected to:
- Manage and coordinate Project Engineering services during the execution of capital project, satisfy the client facility capital program ensuring quality cost effectiveness, schedule compliance, and safety.
- Ensure the recommended scope of work meets the project objectives and design requirements.
- Review other alternatives to the submitted scope of work with the objective of accomplishing the desired outcome with a lower expenditure.
- Ensure the cost estimate and design requirements are well defined and agreed to by production and plant engineering prior to submittal for capital funding.
- Estimate the cost of the proposed project, author and/or compile the necessary documentation to obtain project approval in accordance with corporate approval policy.
- Oversee the design of projects to ensure sound engineering practices are followed.
- Ensure that the client facility standards, directives, and procedures are followed as well as regulatory requirements (OSHA, NIASH, etc.)
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the project team during the execution of the overall project plan and schedule.
- Monitor compliance.
- Review all documents (including process design calculations and equipment specifications) generated by the project team, customers, and suppliers to assure technical accuracy and commercial accountability.
- A BS degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- 5 years of engineering and project experience within a production facility.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable in the application of all National Codes and government regulations in a process unit.
- Experience in the chemical process industry dealing with pump/piping design, foundation/structural design, electrical and instrumentation and equipment specification.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, work in fast-paced environment, and manage multiple and competing tasks and demands.
- Organization and time-management skills are essential.
- Knowledge of plant operations, materials, procurement, logistics, computers, and SAP are essential.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills are critical.